The Northern Alliance is a collaborative of schools and colleges, secondary, primary and post-16 across Oldham, Rochdale, Kirklees and Stockport. Our aim is to ensure that we make the very best provision for all our young people by working collaboratively and learning from each other.
We focus on 5 key areas:
- Ensuring that we have a good supply of excellent new teachers through the Manchester Nexus SCITT. This grew out of our School Direct work, and now trains, centrally and through our schools, 50 new teachers per year.
- Ensuring that NQTs in our schools are supported by a lively, informative, supportive network and training which builds on their ITE year in the context of the demands of the job.
- Developing subject leadership for a knowledge-based curriculum. We do this through our subject networks, and can provide bespoke specialist Leader of Education support for departments.
- Ensuring we develop and retain our talented and committed staff through the opportunities to become SLEs and develop career progression.
- Developing teaching and school leadership in a strategic partnership with Ambition School Leadership and in alliance with other Teaching Schools locally, from RQTs through to Executive Headteacher level.
A more personalised route into teaching. Being part of the school community from the start of the year means I have been able to form excellent relationships with pupils and teachers.